Saturday, May 4, 2013

Where Is Your Confidence???





I have no confidence in, that in myself,  I am able to write anything of great liturgical value., or for that fact, anything that the world sees as of importance.  My education is not high and neither is my life one of wealth.  I don’t have a perfect family, in fact, in many ways, the lives of those close to me are …waaaay out of control! 
HOWEVER, I do know THE ONE who is ALMIGHTY, ALTOGETHER LOVELY, full of WISDOM AND EVERY GOOD AND PERFECT THING!  If it were not for the LORD, I would have given up years ago!  He is my strength when I am weak.  He shows me, by HIS SPIRIT, the way to go.  He reaches down with HIS right hand of power and snatches me out of the ditch and places me back on the crown of the road!  It is HIM, the LORD, Lover of my soul,  that I cling to for every breath!  In HIM do I have my breath, being and life…For, I was bought and paid for with a price.  The cost was high…HIS LIFE for mine, His BLOOD for mine, His purity for my sin.  Isaiah said it this way: 


Isaiah 53:3-6 King James Version (KJV)

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

 


Isaiah 53:3-6 (Amplified Bible)

He was despised and rejected and forsaken by men, a Man of sorrows and pains, and acquainted with grief and sickness; and like One from Whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him.
Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy].
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.
All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has made to light upon Him the guilt and iniquity of us all.

So, my point here is this.  ANY GOOD thing that is in me comes from who I know, the ONE to whom I have surrendered my, life and everything in me and dear to me, including my family, friends, neighbors and acquaintances…all those for whom I pray and the lands for which I pray.  The Holy Spirit within me guides and directs me…yet, the flesh in me battles to do it’s will…it always wants it’s way…just as selfish as can be!  

 My only hope is that GOD’s WORD is true and HE says that HE is faithful to finish the work that HE has begun!  Thank you GOD…ABBA FATHER, JESUS MESSIAH, HOLY SPIRIT!  So, like Paul, I push on, push through and trust GOD… that I will finish the battle a victor and live with HIM Forever!  I will pray for all those whom the HOLY SPIRIT places on my mind and in my heart.  I will write and speak what I hear the SPIRIT say in my mind and heart….searching it out in the WORD…comparing what I hear to what is written in the scriptures.   If it lines up, I will speak it or write it, trying to be careful that I only speak a timely word as directed by HIS SPIRIT.    A WORD spoken out of season can cause much harm.  Only GOD knows when a heart is ready to receive HIS WORD.  I cannot go ahead of a GOD.  Sometimes, what HE shows me in my prayer time with Him is only to be spoken or written about at just the right time.  At other times, He is showing me how or what to pray for and no one ever knows, except me and GOD. 

I think, I am going to try and decipher my 1999 letter to the UMC church, GOD willing, and post  it here as Part 2 of:
 
"Is GOD's WORD ESTABLISHED???"

GOD Bless you this day,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment